Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Is christmas early or just too late?

Got a present from Santa today. He left it in a big-huge green bin. 

It is a Slick Pro 700dx leg 

Yup that's the one. 

Someone threw this expensive 3 legs equipment away and lucky i saw it in between the dustbin and decide to take it back to my house. The first thing I did was check online how much this thingy worth. GUESS what.... it is USD148 (around Rm550+) made of AMT (aluminium-magnesium-titanium). Then i found out the tripod is actually missing its head - the tripod head where it mounts to your camera. So i checked online again and it will cost me around USD69 (RM260) just to get the head. 

But still it is a bargain to me. A good tripod is one of the things in my current wishlist and now I just have to pay 50% of its original price... not too bad i guess. 

Oh.. one more thing... i tried to open this tripod up and believe it or not... it goes up to around 7feet and it is still super steady!!Unbelievable! Seriously, I am over the moon, even it is just the leg, without the head. 

it is just like i picked up a winning lottery ticket with Rm250 as my prize.

Did my christmas present arrive early or late? you tell me :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

u're super lucky =D

Dann said...

The nearest would be 1st of April. So... April Fool's present? =P

Vince Yeoh said...

Not bad what, you are so lucky...

e-leen said...

lollipop: ahahah i hope it doesnt come with a price :D

dann: thats another more month to go....

vince: ahahah yea. like that day we found RM11 at gurney plaza.

Dann said...

It could have been RM10 or RM1... but surprisingly its RM11. Odds.

Unknown said...

thats a real present alrite :)

e-leen said...

Dann: odd and we spend it all at sakae sushi! ahahaha

QuaChee: ahahah yea! hope santa decide to give me another present again - which is the head. :P ahaha i know i shouldn't be greedy