Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why add salt to a wound?

I always hated people who give me negative vibes -THE people who rub salt to your wounds, THE people who sucks faith out of you, THE people who add more miseries and dilemma to problems that you are currently facing, and THE people that makes you feel like a B*TCH.

I was at "St Louis" last night. No it is not the Unites States's St Louis, it is the name of the room I was overnighting at. No again if you are guessing it is luxurious hotel room's name or any other holiday-ish room name thingy. Well, it is not. The buildings starts with a H, but it is definitely not "hotel". 

Anyway, I was at St Louis last night till late afternoon today. A lady in her 50s-60s waltz into St Louis (the room I was at) this morning and start talking to me in Indonesian language. I guess most Malaysian would probably have problem comprehend her speedy speech, but after 3 years of hanging out with Indonesian friends, I do get what she's telling me. I sympathized on what she was going through. I do seriously. I understand her misery. I understand the trauma she and her family are going through. The hardship they are enduring. She was so stressed out from worries about her husband that I feel for her and I want to be her ear, listen to all her worries and dilemma she's going through. I do really wish by hearing her, I could really help her to ease her out of stress but when she start rubbing her misery to another patient and starts to give her negative thoughts that the sickness will not heal, but get worst and death is just around the corner once diagnose with the sickness, I feel like so screaming out loud at her and say "GET A LIFE LADY! SHUT UP AND GET LOST!" (She made me feel b*tchy here). 

I understand the lady need to rant out all her miseries, stress and sadness to someone to make her feel better, but don't you think it is a little selfish of her to rant it out to other patients and telling them that they are at the brink of dying with just 1 year to 5 years at most to live? I don't mind her talking to me, but why share those negative thoughts with people who are suffering and have faith of recovering from the sickness?

I learn from a tv series, that life is not always perfect. It hardly can be 100% perfect. So if you get 80% of a perfect life, then it is good enough. Besides, for the pass few months, I've learn that positive thinking and a positive mind always helps you heal faster. Be it from a sickness or a heart broken. When we fall, we cry over the spilled milk. You are allow to cry, feel pitiful and bad about ourselves - your life. But we have to remember to stand up, leave the past behind and continue to run again. I always believe that life is a never ending journey if you choose to walk and run a longer distance :D

Stop thinking and spreading negative vibes! THINK POSITIVELY and look at the bright side of things! For all the bad things that happen, it can be a blessing in disguise. 

Happy New Year everyone! 2010 is going to be a fabulous year to me! So hopefully it will be for you too! :D


4 comments:

Demetrius said...

Eileen:
I definitely agree with you and I think you handled that situation with the right attitude. Negativity is very contagious and it will disrupt your life if you don't eliminate it. Hopefully you can maintain your positive outlook on life...I wish you all the best this year.

Demon said...

2010 is gonna be fantastic! hope you managed to redeem your starbucks planner!

TG said...

I agree with you. That lady was selfish and very insensitive to everyone else. I'd feel the same as you in that situation.

e-leen said...

sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with a design project lately. Anyway...

Demetrius: well, i hope i dont lose faith and if i ever blog about anything negative, pls inject me with some optimism and strength ok?

Demon: definitely going to be fabulously fantastic! :( sadness, i did not manage to get the planner, sold out d :(

MKL: welcome to my blog. I guess she's insensitive and inconsiderate...