Saturday, May 01, 2010

1st Stressful Post

One of my final project requirement was to consult my supervisor on a weekly basis - or as frequent as I need - to update him on the status of my project. So, this week, I have nothing to show him (since i have not much of work or progression since my last consultation with him and since I was busy with some other stuff during the semester break). But since I was at uni yesterday, I might as well just update him on my project status .... and below is the "some what" summary of the conversation...

Me: Sir, I am not here for consultation. I just wanna let you know and that I will consult you next week.
Sir: Well, I am not too worried - i bet you have done something....
Me: Sir, actually I have not done anything since the last presentation ....
Sir: Seriously?
Me: ....*look down and nod my head* (avoid eye contact because I am seriously guilty)
Sir: You only have like what ... 5 weeks left. Well, this is your career at stake. Not mine.
Me: .... (extremely guilty and pressured)

Those words couldn't have come at better time. I actually thank him for those words are like a wake up call. Seriously I am stressing out right now to be honest. REAAAALLLLY stress to the maximum on the stress scale. I am feeling the pressure as i am running out of time. Family has been asking if i am going back next week to try out my gown which I've send for alteration. Seriously i wanted to, but I don't think i can...I do not have the time to spare on traveling.... not to mention how tired i will be from the respective 5 hours bus rides back and forth...

and.... I am starting to doubt myself and my ability. Maybe I am just not made for all this... seriously dumb and useless. I know this is not the time to think about all this negative thoughts but instead I should think positively and work harder - or simply just work my ass off ....

Furthermore, Graduation Show preparation is taking its toll on me (FYI, I am one of the organizing committee member). After speaking to someone with event planning experience, I am doubting about the whole production and the preparation and there's just so many things to do in sooo little time...

HELPPPPPPPPP

2 comments:

raz said...

If you survive through this, you can survive through anything in life. ;)

e-leen said...

raz: thanks raz. trying my best to survive....